Attorneys offer you the best option to solve your day-to-day legal problems related to your family. Our family law attorneys offer you a solution from start to finish. Specifically, about your family, we help you in all these matters:
LEGAL ADVICE AREAS
Attorneys & lawyers advise you legally on:
• Marriage: matrimonial economic regime, marriage capitulations; Separation and divorce, regulatory agreement. Non-payment of pensions. Ecclesiastical nullity.
• Large family: taxation of the matrimonial economic regime.
• Dissolution: business activities and operations between spouses.
• De facto couples: municipal registers and de facto unions, economic arrangement of the couple, possibility of obtaining public pensions (widowhood).
• Breakdown of the couple: economic liquidation, death: economic rights of the survivor.
• Testament and inheritance: modalities of will; Steps to follow after a death; Partition of inheritance; Disinheritance; Legitimized.
• Taxation of inheritance: obligated to pay, reductions and bonuses, usufructs and real rights; Settlement, payment and postponement of the tax.
• Criminal proceedings and minor offenses that affect the insured either as a complainant / private accuser / complainant, or as imputed, in criminal matters derived from family relationships.
• Requests submitted to the various public administrations, procedure, requirements, deadlines, etc. In administrative matters arising from family relations.
• Tax matters related to the taxation and taxation of the family unit.
The dream of having a home in property has led many families to have to endorse with one of their properties the purchase of a floor with mortgage on the part of their children or grandchildren. This, in addition to posing a risk for those relatives who decide to endorse , may also place a burden on other family members if they die before the end of the term, usually the life of the mortgage.
Before applying as a guarantor the house of parents or grandparents, normally already paid, we must ask ourselves this question What happens if the guarantor of the mortgage passes away? The deceased the guarantor ends the guarantee?
It should be clarified that there are mainly two forms of endorsement : personal guarantee or endorsing with a property owned by the guarantor as a mortgage guarantee.
In both cases, even if the guarantor dies, the guaranty remains valid unless the contrary is expressly stipulated in the document in which the guarantor is constituted. If the heirs accept the inheritance the guarantee will extend to all of them , with their present and future assets.
The Civil Code, in article 1,847 establishes that the obligation of the guarantor is extinguished at the same time as that of the debtor, and for the same reasons as the other obligations. Article 1,156 of the aforementioned Civil Code states that “Obligations are extinguished: for payment or fulfillment, for loss of the due thing, for the forgiveness of the debt, for the confusion of the rights of creditor and debtor, for the compensation , And for novation . ”
From the above, it follows that if the mortgage was not canceled before the death of the guarantor, after the death, the assets and debts would be inherited and among them a house that serves as collateral in a mortgage, that is, the responsibility of the guarantor passes To all his heirs.
In this situation the heirs have three options:
The latter option, accepting the inheritance for the benefit of inventory , is most advisable if we inherit a home that serves as mortgage guarantee, because if the bank executes the guarantee for non-payment of the mortgage , only the inherited property will be answered.